Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Good morningwe hold the title deeds defining our

Good morning we hold the title deeds defining our boundary fence line to the curb side of our property but the next door neighbour who never consults us in anything she does has instructed her builders to erect a fence with concrete posts gravel boards and wooden panels just a cm or two on her side of this boundary, does she have permission as this is not her boundary? many thanks

just for perspective if you view them, these are the addresses 228 Pound Lane which is my address and 226 Pound Lane the neighbour  post code SS13 2LB

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Provided your neighbour's new fence is situated wholly on her property, then I'm afraid she has done nothing wrong legally whatsoever.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As there was a stretch of boundary around nine metres unfenced, where do i stand when selling my property, my title deeds wont include this new arrival. Who dicloses the owner of it, does it complicate matters.

kind regards.

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your reply.

Upon any Sale, it is always best that the true boundary line is clear to any Buyer. If your neighbour has put a fence on her side of the boundary, this may complicate matters, if there is no fence stretching nine metres on the true boundary line. I therefor ehave to advise you that it would be best for a fence boundary to be put in place, to avoid any possible query as and when you come to sell.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards

AL