LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Re Out of court settlement I have a small claim against a plumber,

Re Out of court settlement I have a small claim against a plumber, Pretriai hearing due to take place next week. It has been agreed to settle out of court for a small sum of money. How do I inform the court that the hearing is no longer required-email to court Manager?Is there any form that should be filled should it include terms of settlement Thank you
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

ok thanks

LondonlawyerJ :

I wouldn't cancel anything until you have got the money. I assume your claim is in the small claims court.

Customer:

yes

LondonlawyerJ :

Once you have the money a letter or email to the court should be sufficient. Simply tell them that the case has been settled by agreement and yo wish to withdraw your claim.

Customer:

would an email confirming that he has agreed to pay a sum of money be sufficient. I am finding it hard to attend pre trial hearing next week

Customer:

ok.

LondonlawyerJ :

When is he going to pay?

Customer:

today

LondonlawyerJ :

Wait until he has paid and then tell the court that the matter has been settled by agreement.

Customer:

thank you I will leave a feedback