Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

can a landlord require 2 months notice from a tenant if the

can a landlord require 2 months notice from a tenant if the tenant decides to quit (this is in the period at the end of a 1 year fixed term)
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Is the Tenant planning on leaving on the last day of the fixed term or sometime after the fixed period has ended?
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

likely 3-4 months after the end of the initial term

Well, if the fixed term has ended, the Tenant has to give 1 month's Notice to the Landlord (such Notice to end on the day before the monthly rent is paid). The Landlord is not entitled to demand a longer notice period.
(If the Landlord wishes to end the Tenancy, he would have to give the Tenant 2 months Notice).
I hope this assists you and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL