Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

I have a court order from a former tenant on my property to

I have a court order from a former tenant on my property to pay costs that I cannot pay. What can I do as the tenant also owes me large some of rent. The property is mortagaged I am paying a huge amount monthly. Also the property is a former council owned and is due for demolision with new properties to be built.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
How much are they claiming?
Have you commenced proceedings against the tenant for the rent you are owed?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are claiming £19,547.98 within 14 days of order date (01.09.14). I have not yet commenced proceedings on the tenant as I only found out that I can do so.

Emmanuel.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
On what grounds was their court claim successful? What did they claim for?
AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi AJ

According to the solicitors of the other party I failed to respond to the Bill of costs that was served on me, therefore a default costs certificate was obtained. I also have to pay interest daily at £4.28. The total cost to be paid by 17/10/14. The tenant was evicted by the police after she refused to leave the house which she refused to pay rent. I could not meet the mortgage payments as a resultt. However I was able to hold on to the property because friends and neighbours chipped in to loan me the money to stop me loosing the property. I would like to discuss this matter face to face with a solicitor or yourself as I am not able to give a full picture on line.

Emmanuel.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
This will be a relatively straight forward matter to deal with.
If this was a default Judgment you can apply to have it set aside so you can then defend the claim. This can be done using a form N244 under Civil Procedure Rule 13. You can then consider submitting your own claim.
If you want to speak to a solicitor face to face then I can only suggest that you go to a local solicitor as we cannot offer that here - contact the Law Society at www.lawsociety.org.uk and they will recommend someone near to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ