Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

can my next door neighbour legally insist on sharing the access

can my next door neighbour legally insist on sharing the access to my drive to get to his propossed new drive without my consent??? the frontage on both our houses is exactly as it has been for fourty years, i do not want it changed, he does, where do i stand ???
thank you.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you give me a little more information please. Does your neighbour have a right of way over your drive, and if so, do you have the wording to it?
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for aston lawyer

no not over my drive, my problem is that at this moment i or a second car can park at the foot of my drive without affecting any one else with his proposed new drive this would not be possible as i would be blocking his drive.

we live in an L shaped corner and i can only get one car on my drive.it has worked perfectly for fourty years because he has never had a drive on his property .

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your reply.
Well, in short, your neighbour has no right whatsoever to utilise your drive! As the drive in your sole ownership, you are entitled to use it as you wish to the exclusion of any third party ie your neighbour.
At the end of the day, if this is going to cause a problem for your neighbour, he will have to go back to the drawing board as regards ***** ***** new access.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL