Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practicing Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

Hi I am thinking of buying a property that is to be built on

Hi I am thinking of buying a property that is to be built on water. I am a little unsure as to how this will be registered with land registry? Any ideas?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 3 years ago.
Matt Jones :

hi i will try and help

Matt Jones :

In exactly the same way is if were on land. As ling as you have an accurate plan and correctly drawn Transfer deed or Lease (and the property is within the boundaries of England or Wales it will be registered with a title number in the same way, subject to the prevailing rights and interests of the area of land/water in question

Matt Jones :

hope this helps. if it does please leave me positive feedback.The question wont close and you can ask follow up questions if you wish

Customer: Thanks and is the property registered as well as someone had told me the property would need to be registered with the martiime register (like a boat)?.....
Matt Jones :

That I am afraid I don't know as its a rather specialist area. I suspect not if the property is "fixed" into the river/sea bed but a call to the government body that covers UK ship register should clear that up.