75100385

I have a jointly signed tenancy agreement that says it is a

I have a jointly signed tenancy agreement that says it is a company agreement and therefore not an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988. As it has been signed by both parties is it still binding on them. On the basis that they signed this agreement I signed a tenancy on another property as I was down sizing. I have paid and taken the keys for my new property but my home tenancy was not due to commence on the agreement until 1st December so no monies have changed hands.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know why you signed an agreement saying it was NOT an AST?

Customer: My house was being taken by a company who were putting 4 people in. The company bring health workers in from all parts of the EU..
Alex Watts :

Just to confirm has it been signed by the Landlord also?

Customer: Yes me
Alex Watts : Ok. Then yes it is binding
Alex Watts : This is a contract and once signed by the tenant and landlord it is a legal document and can't be terminated unless the agreement has a provision for that.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Customer: No money had changed hands as the contract did not commence until 1st December does this affect the validity of the agreement?
Alex Watts : No. If it is signed by them and you it is valid.
Alex Watts : I am sorry.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/