LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My neighbour, a builder,, has planning permission to build

My neighbour, a builder,, has planning permission to build an extension to the side of his property up to the boundary with mine. Currently we have adjacent driveways with attached garages at the end. There is no boundary fence between our properties. I am concerned that he will assume he has an automatic right to use my driveway for scaffolding etc, when he comes to build the extension, and of greater concern, will use my driveway to access the area at the back of the extension in front of his garage if the extension does not extend to the garage.
Does he need my consent/permission to use my driveway?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to answer this. Your neighbour cannot legally use your land without your permission.