75100385

I have been renting a property from an agency for 3 weeks.

Customer Question

I have been renting a property from an agency for 3 weeks. I have paid for two weeks rent and two weeks deposit. On the first day when I moved in there was a flood which destroyed the whole floor in the flat, but not in the bedrooms. The agency has removed the floor in the hall way and dining area, the whole flat is damp, there has been inch deep water in the entrance, clothes don't dry because it is so humid. Now the agency has shown us a new property and are going to move us there this week. We have paid for two weeks, but not for the 3rd, and the agency agrees that we don't have to pay for the 3rd week. Me and my flatmates argue that we should not have to pay for the first two weeks either, since the flat was really not suitable for living there. Do we have to pay for the first two weeks for living in a flooded flat?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

On what basis are they trying to make you pay for the first few weeks?