LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Hi I have a land registary doc & a plan from the builders

Customer Question

I have a land registary doc & a plan from the builders (bigger scale) showning boundary been my property & next door. The builders plan allocates significant more land to me but next door have planted a hedge using the land registary which is correct?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The land registry title plan is not definitive for the precise location of the boundaries. The usual way to work out definitively where the boundaries are is to trace back the title to the original deed. When was your house built and is it part of a development of similar properties? If so, you may be able to get a good idea of the location of the boundary from looking at other properties nearby. Why has the builder put the boundary where he has on his plans?

LondonlawyerJ :

Often when a solicitor goes out of business another firm intervenes and takes over various roles including looking after archived documents. You might be able to find out who this is by contacting the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.

Customer:

i do have a 'detail conveyance plan' which showns how the plot was divided up; would this be a more definitive document?

Customer:

I did contact the archive group of regulatory authority & after me chasing them for 9 months they informed me they didnt have docs

LondonlawyerJ :

Yes the detailed conveyance plan sounds like a useful document. Who drafted the plan and based on what information? When was the hedge put up bu the neighbours?

Customer:

ok good. The company is called John Bradley Associates they are an architectual & surveying services company. We were given it as part of info (i guess the deeds) when we purchased the house.

Customer:

We have lived here for 17 years & the hedge was planted approx 3 years ago. part of the hege is a 15 ft high tree directly outside our front door

LondonlawyerJ :

Do you have the deeds to your property and do you still have the conveyancing documents? This may contain a detailed description of the extent of the land conveyed to you.

Customer:

sorry for late response but i cant view this doc at work because it gets blocked.

Customer:

in answer to your question..sadly not all i have is the convayance plan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for help todate; I still am unsure on what I should do to resolve my issue. Would it be best for me to discuss this face to face with a lawyer or solicitor & if so do you have any recommendations