75100385

Hi I bought a property in 2009 (subsequently sold) the solicitor

Hi I bought a property in 2009 (subsequently sold) the solicitor who dealt with the matter somehow managed to evade the stamp duty (LTR was issued). Earlier this year Feb the HMRC contacted me at my new address demanding payment. I referred the matter the SRA compensation fund and the indemnity insurers. Since then I have been batted between the HMRC, Insurance company and SRA. Although I am in regular written contact with the HMRC they are sending threats after threats. The SRA have tentativly agreed payment, however this need to be signed off by the adjudication panel. Due to high volume of cases this is taking time and HMRC have been informed of this. Despite this I am constantly being hounded by HMRC, what else can I do as they are threatening to remove goods / bailiffs etc.?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether you have sent HMRC correspondence from the SRA regarding the matter?

Customer:

Hi Alex

Customer:

A few months back they requested proof that SRA was handling the claim which I sent. Since then I have been keeping them informed regularly.

Customer:

The latest comm from SRA confirming that a payment recommendation was being made was not sent, I just informed in writing of this. Yesterday I wrote to HMRC informing them that the SRA said their was delay in processing final decisions due to volume.

Alex Watts :

Did you enclose a copy of the SRA letter to HMRC saying they recommend payment?

Customer:

No I informed of the delay only

Alex Watts :

Ok - I would send them a copy of the letter recommending payment.

Alex Watts :

If that does not resolve it I would formally write to HMRC and invoke their complaints procedure

Alex Watts :

They should write and confirm the same is being investigated.

Alex Watts :

Once you have had their response and if you are not happy you can complain to the adjudicator

Alex Watts :

Their website is here and is free:

Alex Watts :

http://www.adjudicatorsoffice.gov.uk/

Alex Watts :

If that still does not resolve the complaint then you can complain to the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

Their process is free and they can also investigate your complaint.

Alex Watts :

Their website is:

Alex Watts :

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

Alex Watts :

That should resolve your complaint.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** happens if the SRA adjudication panel decide not to pay? I will obviously go back to insurance company, however interest is accruing daily and I am worried about this whole situation

Alex Watts :

Sadly then if SRA do not pay you can only issue proceedings against the firm, if they are still in business.

Alex Watts :

Otherwise you are going to have to pay it again.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry