Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether you have sent HMRC correspondence from the SRA regarding the matter?
A few months back they requested proof that SRA was handling the claim which I sent. Since then I have been keeping them informed regularly.
The latest comm from SRA confirming that a payment recommendation was being made was not sent, I just informed in writing of this. Yesterday I wrote to HMRC informing them that the SRA said their was delay in processing final decisions due to volume.
Did you enclose a copy of the SRA letter to HMRC saying they recommend payment?
No I informed of the delay only
Ok - I would send them a copy of the letter recommending payment.
If that does not resolve it I would formally write to HMRC and invoke their complaints procedure
They should write and confirm the same is being investigated.
Once you have had their response and if you are not happy you can complain to the adjudicator
Their website is here and is free:
If that still does not resolve the complaint then you can complain to the Ombudsman.
Their process is free and they can also investigate your complaint.
Their website is:
That should resolve your complaint.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Thank you, ***** ***** happens if the SRA adjudication panel decide not to pay? I will obviously go back to insurance company, however interest is accruing daily and I am worried about this whole situation
Sadly then if SRA do not pay you can only issue proceedings against the firm, if they are still in business.
Otherwise you are going to have to pay it again.
I am sorry