LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Some weeks ago our neighbours sent a letter advising us that

Customer Question

Some weeks ago our neighbours sent a letter advising us that they intended to have our key landis hedge lopped and would return the cuttings to us as required by law. We wrote back advising that we had no issue with them trimming any overhanging branches back to the boundary subject to thus not causing any damage to our property and that we did not require them to return any clippings but that they had our permission to dispose of them. Yesterday we came home to discover two contractors, one of which was standing on our garage pitched roof cutting the conifers. They had thrown all of the branches into our garden. When challenged, they informed us that the neighbours had told them we had given them written permission to throw the cuttings over the fence into our garden. This is not the case. We now have a huge amount of cuttings littered all down our border having damaged shrubs, broken tikes on our garage roof and trees that have been cut back to the trunk on one side which is 18 inches into our garden. These neighbours are not approachable and have systematically persecuted us for 20 years. The reason the hedge was planted originally was the fact that these neighbours kept complaining and shouting at our young children at the time for playing ball in their own garden as the ball could, on occasion, hit their fence. The hedge stopped that issue. There have been disputes with boundaries with them as well. They have parked vehicles across our drive preventing us from using our own driveway and they keep up to 100 cats in their property which use our garden as a litter tray. I feel I should add at this stage that they were granted planning permission to run a animals at risk charity from their home some years ago with a restriction of cats only to be kept there. We overlook all of these issues because, quite frankly, life is too short, but this is the straw that broke the camels back. What can we do to stop this terrible behaviour once and for all. Please help. It seems that these people are not happy unless they are making our lives a misery
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Have you made complaints about any of this to them before?