75100385

What rights does a commercial sublease tenant without a lease

What rights does a commercial sublease tenant without a lease since 1991 have when the Landlord finds out that part of his property has been illegally sub let?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

In short none.

Alex Watts :

If you do not have a lease or agreement then you are a tenant (or sub tenant) at wil

Alex Watts :

This means your agreement can be terminated at any time and you have no protection

Alex Watts :

Unless there is a written agreement in place sadly you have no protection

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

It seems strange that the Landlord has known about this situation and visited us on a yearly basis from 1991 and we have their valuable property on display. Their tenant thought there was an agreement in place as we operate on a certain basis regarding rent/rates & repairs. The fact that the landlord & their tenant fell out over the fact that their tenant wanted out of the lease on 23/06/15 and only wanted a renewed lease until 23/06/15 have forced us to sign an excluded lease until that date or they will change all the locks as of 24/11/14 as they want vacant possession. Are we entitled to any compensation as the building is the basis of our buisines and cannot be re-sited?

Alex Watts : Sadly you are not entitled to compensation. You have no agreement and therefore no protection or compenstion. I am sorry.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?