Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I own a house but all the deeds are in my previous name, including

I own a house but all the deeds are in my previous name, including land registry I now wish to sell how do I proceed?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
Do you mean they are in your maiden name, or have your changed your name by deed poll?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bit complicated. I brought house after a divorvce in that married name. have since remarried and divorced again I never changed at time because of situation

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
It’s relatively straight forward.
You will have to produce your marriage certificate to show that married for the second time and also your decree absolute for the divorce in the second marriage to show that the name in which you propose to transfer the property in now (ie. in the sale) is the correct one.
Basically, provided that you can show that chain of marriage/divorce by marriage certificates and the decree absolute with original documents then your solicitor will supply certified copies of these to the buyer’s solicitor and the buyer’s solicitor will accept them.
You probably won’t even need to make an application to the land registry to change it before completion
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom