LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Hello, I am a property developer and am in the process of helping

Customer Question

Hello, I am a property developer and am in the process of helping a landowner get planning permission for his 10 acre site. As yet, no formal agreement has been drawn up between us but I would like something in place that ensures that I have exclusive rights to development the land as and when planning has been approved. Can you suggest a contract or agreement that would suffice?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello i am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

The only sensible answer to this question is that there is no standard pro-forma contract that you could use. If you try to draft the contract yourself things could easily go wrong. You really need to see a solicitor in the normal way and get an agreement drawn up. This sounds like a potentially high value deal and it would be a mistake to try and save a few hundred pounds now that might end up costing you many thousands later. You can find a solicitor to you do this but follow this link law society find a solicitor. http://www.justanswer.co.uk/property-law/8sej6-hello-property-developer-process-helping.html?src=nql