LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have a dispute with a nieghbour about a boundary to my property,

I have a dispute with a nieghbour about a boundary to my property, can you tell me who to ask to find out who owns which boundaries
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Boundary disputes can be tricky. There is no one person you can ask and as you have already discovered the Land Registry is not always helpful. Sometimes one has to go back through all the old conveyances until the original grant of title to work it out. The place to start however is with documents from when you purchased your property. You need to look at the report on property from your solicitor and look out for the parcels clause in the sale contract. Thees may contain a detailed description of the extent of the property you purchased.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you describe the property and the nature of the disputed land please?

Customer:

I live at***** Corringham, Gainsborough, Lincs. DN21 5QT. The owner to the right of my property says she owns that boundary but wants me to put a fence up. As it is quite a long garden I cannot afford this

LondonlawyerJ :

Why do you keep giving me poor ratings when I am trying to help you?

LondonlawyerJ :

How does she justify that claim? Do you get on with her?

LondonlawyerJ :

I should say that I am a practising solicitor and like most of the lawyers on this site I fit my answers around other work so there is sometimes a delay in responding. This is not a call centre type service.

LondonlawyerJ :

if you could describe the type of property is it on an estate? Is it surrounded by similar properties? If so where do the boundaries between other similar properties lie?

Customer:

Sorry I want to finish. I am 70 years old and got quite confused when usung the site. It kept wanting me to click onto free trials. My son has come and is looking into my problem for me, I think it is beyond my skills