75100385

How do register to the court for Access to Neighbouring Land

Customer Question

How do register to the court for Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992
Alex Watts : Hell my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : Have you had a solicior write and ask for access please?
JACUSTOMER-d1jmkxkn- :

No, The property owner will not let us have access. The Garden wall, which is also a retaining wall (my house is 2mt above their garden) and is in a dangerous condition and will fall over into their garden. It was built in 1850 and needs to be dissmantled and re-built The Land ACt 1992 should give me access rights through the court. Is there any forms that I can fill in and send to the courts?

Alex Watts :

Yes. You need to send form N1 to the Court

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

You are asking for an Order under the Act.

Alex Watts :

A copy of the form will be sent to the Defendant whom will have an opportunity to file a defence.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then list the matter and decide whether to make an order under the Act.

Alex Watts :

If all you want to do is maintain your property and use the neighbours land the Court is likely to order this,

Alex Watts :

if the Court does and the neighbour refuses to comply he could be sent to prison for contempt of Court.

Alex Watts :

He could be warned, fined or sent to prison

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-d1jmkxkn- :

Alex, Thank you for your help. If I have any other issues with this situation I will contact you. Regards, Brian

Alex Watts :

Great Brian. Can I clarify anything else for you please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/