75100385

I took out an endownment policy on a 30 thousand pound mortgage

Customer Question

I took out an endownment policy on a 30 thousand pound mortgage in June 1986, The bank was the Halifax and a direct debit was set up to pay Standard Life the endownment due to a mixup (I thought I had to pay 250 pounds should have been 292 pounds) there were not enough funds in my account to pay 6 months later, Standard life sent a letter with notice of cancelling the policy however they sent it to my old address which I did not receive, I did not find out about this until I checked with them about a possible shortfall,
would I be able to claim some compensation
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you inform them of your change of address please?

JACUSTOMER-2z4ac3k8- :

They knew that the policy was for the new address and when they did not

JACUSTOMER-2z4ac3k8- :

they new that the policy was for the new address and when they did not receive a reply from the old one should they not have contacted the new one or contacted the Halifax building society

Alex Watts : I have just noticed you are in Scotland and I am an english lawyer, I will get it transferred for hou.
Alex Watts : you