75100385

"As a letting agent, do we need to issue the prescribed information

Customer Question

"As a letting agent, do we need to issue the prescribed information with each tenancy extension?
Also upon every extension agreement following a fixed term tenancy, are we required to register the tenants deposit with the DPS?."
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Yes you need to provide prescribed information each time as it is a new tenancy. If it went into a periodic tenanxy then the information would remain the same.
Alex Watts : But this is a new tenancy each time and therefore the information is required
Alex Watts : Once the deposit is protected you may be able to keep it protected. But for the duration it needs to remain protected
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

HI Alex,

JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

Thanks for your answer. Do you have the correct wording for the prescribed notice?

Alex Watts : http://www.depositprotection.com/documents/prescribed-information-template.pdf
Alex Watts : does that help?
JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

About the deposit, Im getting conflicting advice, the DPS say I need to register the deposit upon each renewal, even if its the same tenants, but I should get legal advice...

JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

Cheryl Fox

Alex Watts : Yes you need to make sure its protected so need to register again on renewal
Alex Watts : does that help?
JACUSTOMER-h1lu7a1e- :

yes thank you. Are you able to provide the wording for the prescribed notice?

Alex Watts : Yes see the template I have provided in the above link
Alex Watts : Can you see it?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/