LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

i have been selling my house which is 1/4 owned by the builders,

i have been selling my house which is 1/4 owned by the builders, the problem is that the builders solicitor dont seem to have the correct plans and seem very slow in trying to do anything about it
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If you paid these solicitors are they supposed to be acting on your behalf or on behalf of the builders? Ie are you their client who can therefore activate the firm's complaints procedure? How far have you got with selling the property. Is there an offer in?

Customer:

the solicitor is acting for the builder but it was me that paid the money for it. the house is sold waiting on the correct plans

Customer:

they are the builders solicitor that i had to pay for, the house is sold waiting on the correct plans

LondonlawyerJ :

Ok, so he is acting for the builders but under your agreement with them you have to pay their legal costs. Presumably the builder is keen to get his money so why not talk to him and ask him to ask his solicitor what is going on?

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you tell me what plans you are waiting for? Usually a sale can proceed on the basis of the HMLR title plan and a description in the sale contract?

Customer:

yes good point i will do thanks

Customer:

the problem is there is a back path to the back gate that dont show on any plans

Customer:

dn