Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been told by my landlord that he is selling the house

I have been told by my landlord that he is selling the house at the end of our agreement.
If I find alternative accommodation do I have to pay the remainder of my rent till the end of the term?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
You are liable until the end of the contract unless he will agree to release you early.
If you do leave early though and he sells before the end of your contract then you are only liable up until the sale date.
However, the fact that he wishes to sell does not mean you can escape from the contract I'm afraid.