75100385

Dear sir, I wanted to rent a property from the Letting Estate

Dear sir,
I wanted to rent a property from the Letting Estate Agent and i have paid for the admin fee of £420.00 as holding deposit and they start processing, after two weeks they emailed me with Tenancy Agreements documents which started that the landlord has accepted my offer and i as the tenant had also accepted to rent the property and the moving in date is the 23rd December 2014. After i have signed the agreement and post it back.
After the letting agent emailed me that the landlord will like to meed his new tenant on the 19th December 2014 4 days before moving date and i met with the landlord and we talked and left. The second day 20th December 2014, which is 3 days to moving in date the letting agent emailed me that the landlord change his mind that he's not renting the property to me any more and i have already told my previous landlord that i am moving out as agreed on the notice letter. Please i will like to charge the letting agent and the landlord to court for inconvenience and also i don't have anywhere to move in to now.
Yours Faithfully,
Olugbenga Akinlade
Alex Watts :

Hello Olugbenga my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Please let me know if the tenancy agreement had also been signed by the Landlord or agent?

Customer:

The Landlord has not yet sign the tenancy agreement

Alex Watts :

OK - its bad news then I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

Until the Landlord and tenant both sign the agreement it is not binding and either party can pull out

Alex Watts :

This is because it is subject to contract, a bit like buying a house. Until contracts have been signed and exchanged either party can pull out

Alex Watts :

But you are entitled to 100% of any fees and deposit backl

Alex Watts :

The Landlord is not in breach of contract, as no contract as yet has been signed

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

It would have been different if the Landlord/agent had signed the contract too

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Ok thanks so much

Customer:

but i have another question to ask

Alex Watts :

Sure, is it on the same topic?

Customer:

I have been charged for two counts:

Count 1:
POSSESSION OF AN IDENTITY DOCUMENT WITH IMPROPER INTENSION, contrary to section(1) and (2) of the identity Documents Act 2010.

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
On the 26th day of July 2014, with improper Intension, had in his possession or under his control an identity, namely a United Kingdom driving license, that was improperly obtained and that he knew or believe to have been improperly obtained.

COUNT 2:
FRAUD, Contrary to section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006.

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
Between the 1st day of January 2011, and the 9th day of February 2011 committed fraud in that, dishonestly and intending thereby to make a gain for himself or another, or to cause loss to another, or to expose another to risk of loss, he made a false representation to the DVLA, which was and which he knew was or might be untrue or misleading, by submitting an application for a driving license with incorrect details about his date of birth so that details of his driving disqualification would not be revealed, in breach of section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

Alex Watts :

Ah that is on a different topics.

Alex Watts :

Can you rate this question and then post a new one

Alex Watts :

Otherwise I will get into trouble!

Alex Watts :

Put for Alex W and I can answer it.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

I see you have posted it so I will answer there

Alex Watts :

But please rate this one. The button should be at the bottom of the screen.

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience