Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I want to see my flat but have just received notice that the

I want to see my flat but have just received notice that the freeholder intends to sell the freehold at auction. Should I wait until after the freehold has been sold at auction before I sell my flat?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

It doesn't really matter whether you wait or not, so if you want to sell it now, please put it on the market.

It is likely that if the Freehold is being sold at Auction, that this will complete before your Sale completes, as it is normal for an Auction Sale to complete 28 days after the Auction. As and when the Freehold is sold, the new Freeholder is under a duty to serve Notice on you to confirm they are the new Freeholder, so if you have sold, subject to contract when this happens, you can then just pass on the letter to your Solicitor who can send a copy to your Buyers Solicitor.

Apart from notifying the Buyers Solicitors of any change in the Freehold

ere is nothing more your Solicitor will need to do, and this issue needn't therefore delay your Sale.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

AL