Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

hello, We are in a process of buying a house. we have

Customer Question

hello, We are in a process of buying a house. we have received a land registry official copy of title plan. However, our solicitor is saying that the title deeds a missing and she doesn't know how is it possible and what to do, and also is advising us not to buy the property. my question is, how the property was registered without those information and is there any way it is a mistake? it is a new buit house from 2007,

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Is the seller using a solicitor?
If it is that much of a concern and you still want to proceed why dont you look into obtaining title indemnity insurance policy - you can even insist that the seller pays for it if the seller is that desperate to sell?
Obviously without seeing the information missing it may have been possible to register the property with a deed or conveyance but it is the previous chain of title that may be causing the issue and the Land Registry does not vet every chain of title.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ