Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I consulted a solicitor cost me 200 pound for an hour and I

Customer Question

I consulted a solicitor cost me 200 pound for an hour and I just think I am having trouble accepting the advice under the provision of care as a father I seemed to be liable to pay deposits for houses and ousted from any new property I buy, I have reached a fair settlement figure I just wanted a template or guide to ensure my wording protects me from any future claim
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain a little more about your situation and what you wish to know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a lot of debt when the house completes I will be alright but I just need a phraseology or letter template that I can ask my ex to sign when I give her a cheque for her financial settlement that protects me properly from any future requests for further settlements. I understand from the solicitor I spoke to that despite my being the only named party on the mortgage and being the main contributor etc, the assets i have could be obtained under the provision for the child act in the form of a deposit for a future house or she could oust me from any new property . We have agreed fair terms I just need a written receipt that also protects from further claims

Right so you are not married.
What assets are there and what settlement have you offered
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I put a large deposit down and my ex is not claiming that as it came from my house but she wanted half of the subsequent equity which after I've settleds debts (she deliberatedly left me with to force the house sale) is about 17.5 thousand which i think is fair even though her contributions were minimal I do recognise her child care contribution. We are amiciable at the moment its just I know it might not last and I want the reassurance of knowing that if I can get a flat that I won't be forced out of it. my ex is safely and comfortably living in an housing association property.

So you have been living together in a property.
You have now separated and she is receiving £17,500 in settlement.
You are concerned that she could make a further capital claim in the future
Is that correct?