75100385

Our neighbours only have access by foot over the bottom part

Our neighbours only have access by foot over the bottom part of our driveway to get to their property. He is walking his motor bike daily and at times a trailer over this part of the driveway. Our solicitor has written to him telling him he can't do this as he does not have vehicular access, his solicitor is telling him he can. Who is right, am I wasting my money trying to resolve this.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let Me know whether the deeds show foot only or vehcile access?
Customer:

The deeds show access on foot only. Sorry for the delay in replying we had unexpected family arrive to see us.

Alex Watts : That is ok. In short if it says foot only that is all they are entitled to do so.
Alex Watts : If it had been intended for foot and vehicles then the deeds would say so.
Alex Watts : They do not and Clealry can not have been the intention to include this.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

With their solicitor saying they could bring the bike and trailer over our property I wasn't sure about our solicitor and his information, he had suggested an Injuction and to do this my brother has offered to lend us the money fo the costs involved, to be paid by the neighbours if we won. We are pensioners and can't afford to get into debt so I wanted to be sure it was our solicitor who was giving the correct information.

Alex Watts : Indeed. The solicitor is correct. If it meant access other than by foot it would have said so.
Alex Watts : Does that helps.