Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

, i have share of freehold in a victorian conversion.

Customer Question

Hello, i have share of freehold in a victorian conversion. I live in the ground floor flat, i own the front garden which is quite large & the upstairs flat has an access path of the front door. The upstairs flat is rented out by the owner who is an estate agent therefore also manages the flat. I applied to the council 10 years ago to have a dropped kerb, they told me they could not do it as upstairs had refused. She is still refusing, does she have the right to do this? Her reason is she has said it will devalue her property, we have had many issues over the years with her tenants and her lack of keeping the property up to standard. She has never lived in the property and never intends to. I think she just does not like the thought of me having a parking space and also i think she wants me to give her a space to increase the price of her property. I am not willing to just give away half my land under bribery. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thank you please cancel, I was expecting an answer yesterday.

Kind regards.

Shirley