LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

, I and my partner currently have a joint mortgage.

I and my partner currently have a joint mortgage. We are looking to switch to a new mortgage and, as our financial situation is very different from when we took out the first mortgage, we are looking to do a transfer of equity - essentially taking out the new mortgage in my name only.
We are not splitting up / divorcing etc - we are merely looking to take out the new mortgage in my name.
An adviser at the bank stated that if we did this my partner would no longer be able to live at the same address. This sounds like nonsense to me, could you please clarify?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

LondonlawyerJ :

I take it you will remain joint proprietors of the property. The adviser was indeed talking nonsense,

Customer:

yes, that is the case. Thank you.