Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

On the local housing search carried out by my Solicitor it

Customer Question

On the local housing search carried out by my Solicitor it states "Conservation Area" Do any of the following apply in relation to the property. The answer stated on the search was the following, The making of a Conservation Area before 31st August 1974, the answer was NO! The local council say that it is a Conservation area, however there search shows that there isn't. Am i reading this wrong or am i as deluded as the Council.

This relates to planning extension to the rear of property.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Can you scan and upload the search please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have recently applied permission to extend to the rear of the property, the extension is to be 4m out by 5m across.

We had stated that we would keep it as stone to compliment existing building.

Council have said that they would not grant as its Green belt and the property is listed as :Interested locally listed building, No grades though.

We originally required double storey and i feel that this will now be rejected totally.

What can i build now that the government has lapsed its regulations until 2016.

It has really dampened our spirits as we may now have to sell and move out after three months.

Any guidance would be very helpful

Bob XXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel, thanks Nicola