75100385

I have made an application to small claims court

I have made an application to small claims court for damages to my property by neighbour. Claims has been defende and awaiting court date from District Judge. My question is if I move house and property is nolonger under my ownership can I still claim retrospective damages. Would appreciate your advice. Thanks
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes because you are claiming for damage that was caused and claiming for any cost to put it right

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thanks Alex so if I move in two weeks to a new property and nolonger legal owner - I can still claim retrospective damages to my old property by neighbour?

Alex Watts :

Yes you can.

Alex Watts :

But the cost to put right you may need to pass on to the new owner.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thank-you Alex - so if I win do i need to give new owners cost to put right?

Alex Watts :

If you are claiming that cost then yes you should

Customer:

I am claiming for a damages to a door and damages to CCTV cameras that are in my ownership and will be taking them with me when move. In terms of costs of damages to CCTv cameras can I claim that cost for myself - or does it apply to both door and CCTV cameras? Would appreciate your views. Thanks

Alex Watts :

If the door and CCTV belong to you then yes you can claim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes - if I move house and nolonger owner of property and leave door, but take CCTV cameras - if I win case - do I have to give any money to new owners for door but not for damages to CCTV cameras. Hope this makes sense

Alex Watts :

But at the time you did. That is what that matters, on the day in question

Alex Watts :

* question *

Customer:

So even though damages occured in July - I if I move house I can still claim costs of damages to front door and CCTV cameras - please confirm. Thanks

Alex Watts :

Yes you can. But the cost to put right, you would need to reimburse the new owner

Alex Watts :

At the time of damage you were the legal owner of the property

Customer:

but only for the door, as leaving door, but taking CCTV cameras with me to new property - is that right?

Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

OK Thanks Alex for your help - yes it does

Alex Watts :

Great. If this does answer the question can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer:

Yes sure - I do not really want my thread published on-line but happy to give you good rating