Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

The following statement is from a Land Registry, official copy

The following statement is from a Land Registry, official copy of register of title under A. Property register:-
6." The land has the benefits of the following rights reserved BUT is SUBJECT to the following rights granted by a transfer of the land edged and numbered SGL519658 in green on the filed plan dated 30 August 1988 made between Award Homes Ltd ( Transferor ) and 2. Graham Randell and Susan Seabrook ( Transferees ) "
Could you please explain the full meaning of this statement and the full implications particularly with regard to the underlined words BUT and SBJECT to.?
The land is the Lane SY307688 , giving access to the private property SGL519658. Both are owned by two separate owners !
Trevor M Davies
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thank you question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The Transfer referred to will grant certain rights. It will also reserve certain rights in favour of the land out of which the property in the Transfer is transferred.
The entry means that SY307688 will benefit from the rights in the Transfer which are reserved in that Transfer. There will be a section in the Transfer which lists the rights and states before the list that they are “reserved”. These are the rights which SY307688 is allowed to use over SGL519658.
The entry also means that SY307688 will also have to allow SGL519658 to use the rights granted in the Transfer. Again the Transfer will have a section stating which rights are granted so SGL519658. This means that SGL519658 will be allowed to use these rights over SY307688.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom