75100385

I am the landlords representative and the tenants have only

I am the landlords representative and the tenants have only ever dealt with me as the agent/representative, and I am named as such on the tenancy agreement. If I fill in a claim possession having served the section 21 notice which they have ignored, is the claimant myself or the actual owner of the property? if the owner can I be the claimants representataive?
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I assume you are authorised by the landlord ?
Customer: Yes I am they are close personal friends and have been representing them and they are fully aware of the position, though no official power of attorney is in place. They are elderly and live some distance away so do not want to appear in court themselves.
Alex Watts :

Then you are fine to sign the proceedings

Alex Watts :

You can sign it as you are named on the tenancy agreement and authorised on behalf of the Landlord

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else about this today please?

Customer:

Thank you that's what I had thought. Also on the accelerated claims form, I have the certificate of deposit to attach required , do I also need to attach a copy of the prescribed information in relation to the deposit that was given to the tenant?

Alex Watts :

If you can yes, everything the Judge will need to decide the case on paper

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

That's a big help thank you, ***** ***** havent got the signed copy of prescribed information though can I still proceed without it or will it jeopardise the case and make it not worth doing?

Alex Watts :

Ok, if you can get a signed copy then great, otherwise send the unsigned.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

thats great thank you so much.