LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I am having trouble with a neighbour letting his dog use my

I am having trouble with a neighbour letting his dog use my garden and lawn as a toilet, our gardens are open plan and fences are not really allowed. This G.F. flat is a rented property and have phoned and texted the owner who never gets back to me. have also contacted the agents for the freeholder with no avail. Can I issue an injunction against this man to stop this please.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Clearly your neighbour is acting in a very selfish and probably illegal way. However, in order to get a quick injunction you would need too demonstrate really serious harm that needed urgent relief from the courts. You would not be able to show this unless, for example, there was some serious health risk associated with the neighbour's conduct.

Customer:
Thank your e mail I asked for advice regarding a tenant below me in a rented flat, His dog is such a nuisance

using my garden and lawn as a toilet and also breaking down plants I sent a text to the owner who does not reply and I thought I would be allowed to take an injunction out against the owner, bearing in mind it costs me over £1,0000 per year to look after as I am disabled and unable to do this myself. I am the sole owner of my property and have lived hear

19 years.

Hope you can help me in some way.

Yours sincerely

June
Customer:

19 years.

Hope you can help me in some way.

Yours sincerely

June
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience: Experienced solicitor
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

19 years.

Hope you can help me in some way.

Yours sincerely

June
I don't think you are likely to be able to get an injunction in these circumstances for the reasons set out above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your advice I wondered if I should get some sort of

warning letter sent to the owner from a local solicitor or go back

to the CAB and request a half hour appointment with one. Please

could I have your views on this as it is making my life unhappy.

Apologies for confusion with e mails I am quite new at this.

Yours sincerely

June Cook

Well you could certainly get a solicitor to send a letter for you. That would be more threatening than a letter from the CAB. However, it would probably cost several hundred pounds and would really be a bluff as there is not much action a solicitor could take.
That said, bluffs sometimes work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your reply, I wondered as I am on guaranteed pension

credit if I can get Community legal service fund from a solicitor, can you

give me any advice on this.

Yours sincerely

June Cook

Just to inform you regarding the problem with my neighbours dog, he is

moving out at the weekend so I hope that has solved the problem, Thank

you for all your help answering my different questions and I would certainly

use you again if need be, but lets hope I will not have to.