Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

What are my rights when neighbor won't have noise meter after

Customer Question

What are my rights when neighbor won't have noise meter after saying my dog is barking alday and keeps ringing council about the noise
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
All the council will do is tell her to keep a noise diary. If she does that and they receive it then they will assess.
If she is exaggerating then nothing will happen. They will fit a monitor. Dogs bark. That is their purpose in life. Unless it is incessant and unremitting nothing will ever happen over this.
I'm afraid that some people want to live in an oasis of peace without incurring the cost of doing so. If you want five star you have to pay for it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I have right to send a solicitors letter out the neighbour involved telling them I willing to go ahead with legal action of harassment

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
You don't have to use a solicitor for a letter before action.
But I wouldn't do that at this stage. You need a lot of allegations before you have a harassment claim and you need to be able to show that at least some of them are false rather than disbelieved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi the housing officer came out with a diary of the dog barks there were lasting 2 mins around the time the postman was about the neighbour had also commented on the diary of why we had out blinds shut on different days and also logged on the diary times and days when we were leaving the house and arriving back to the house the housing officer had dismissed the dog nuisance but is concerned about the time log of us back and too the property and the fact he's complained about me having my blinds closed in the kitchen.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
What would you like to know about this please?