Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

My estranged husband and I were joint landlords on a property

My estranged husband and I were joint landlords on a property in his name but I have a legal charge on the property. Now we are separated he thinks all the rent should be his and I am of the opinion I am entitled to half as my name is ***** ***** agreement.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me why he thinks this way? I think he is wrong and that is likely to be my advice but any further information from you would be helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tenancy agreement was in joint names. He now lives in the property with his new girlfriend

v

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Can you answer my earlier question and also the following, namely, there appears to be no tenant any more if he is living there, so is there any rent to be derived from the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the tenancy agreement ended a while ago, then he moved into the property. All I want to know is, as joint landlord, if I am entitled to 50% of the rent received as he believes it should all be his.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Yes you are entitled to a half share, in the absence of a reason why he should get all the rent.