Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

Once a house has been signed over by a parent to their children

Customer Question

Once a house has been signed over by a parent to their children and seven years have passed ie the house now belongs to the children) can the parent reverse their decision and take the property back>
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
If the property has been transferred to the adult children, in that the land registry registered title for the property has been changed so that the children are the registered propreitors, then they cannot reverse the decision.
The only way that this would be the case would be if there were some other form of written agreement entitling them to do so, but in the absence of this then they cannot unilaterally have it transferred back to the parents name without the consent of all the children.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, your reply covered everything.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.