75100385

I have vegetable gardened my next door council tenants garden

Customer Question

I have vegetable gardened my next door council tenants garden for approx. 20 years.I have given produce from the garden to the tenant for all these years. I also maintain the hedges and grass areas. I have been informed that the tenant will not be returning to the property by her family. I have already planted this years onions and potatoes, do I have any rights to continue.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Do you have any form of licence or agreement please?
JACUSTOMER-upgwdon6- :

no, I have no form of agreement , but it is well known and often commented in the village how well the garden looks, even comments how much time and money I put into it.

Alex Watts : It's bad news I am afraid. There is no such thing as squatters rights. If you have no agreement in writing giving you security then sadly your agreement can be terminated at any time.
Alex Watts : You may have a prescriptive right to access the land, but you have no right to tend, grow and harvest.
Alex Watts : There is no agreement and therefore no rights are automatically gained.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/