Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I'm moving in to a new property as a tenant. In order to help

Customer Question

I'm moving in to a new property as a tenant. In order to help pay the rent, I'm renting one of the two bedrooms to a lodger.
I've bought a lodger agreement, we've agreed all terms, and signed, however, at the very top of the form, it requires me to print my name, and next to that, it says, 'of', followed by a space that requires filling in. I assume this means 'of which address'. Does that sound correct? And, if so, do I put the address I'm currently living at, or the address I'm shortly to move in to, which the lodger is also shortly to move in to?
If you need me to clarify anything, just say.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it does refer to your address.
Normally you just add the address at which you were living at the time of signing. It is just a means of identifying you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, that's pretty clear, thanks.

So, if we (i.e. me, the tenant, and the lodger) print our names, alongside our current addresses, the lodger agreement will still be valid for the property we're moving in to? As I'm pretty sure it's not mentioned elsewhere in the document.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
Oh yes. The address is not particularly important in truth. It is just a means of identifying you and distinguishing you for others of your name.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Marvellous, thank you!

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 2 years ago.
No problem and all the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.