Ask an Property Solicitor. Get an Answer ASAP.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If you make sure they put in writing it is in full and final settlement of any and all claims against you then they can NOT take further action
But you MUST make sure any letter they sent confirms its FULL AND FINAL settlement
But if you have breached your tenancy agreement then yes, technically they can seek possession
Of course if you refuse then they need to issue you a notice to quit, if you refuse to move issue possession proceedings and even if they get possession order from the Court and you do not move it can take some further time to get a eviction date.
All in all that process could take around 4 months or so, but you could delay it more
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
If I do not pay, what would exactly happen? I am not form the UK, so possession sounds very scary to me.
And what does technically mean?
They could apply for possession if you breached the agreement.
They would need to issue a notice to quit.
This takes 1 month
If you dont leave they apply to the Court for a possession order. This takes 4-6 weeks to list at Court
The Judge can award possession within 42 days.
Then if you dont leave, they need to instruct bailiffs to evict.
You are given a date but this delays it by a further 4-6 weeks
Does that help?
so, they would have to send me a note. would that be for the end of the month or immediately form now a month?
So, one month from today, or always to the end of the month?
Well 1 month from the time they send the notice to quit
and what did you mean by technically?
so even if I pay, they can technically still possess?
Is this even legal?
If you pay they it MUST say in full and final settlement. If it does then they can NOT repossess
Does that clarify?
yes, OK, so I have to mind the terms of that settlement.
Yes that is correct.
If its full and final settlement then they can not repossess
so the last follow up is whether or not that is legal?
or if this is a fraud?
Yes it would be legal
at first they wanted it in cash, then they changed to transfer
it is a bit suspicious
OK thanks Alex!