I am sorry - I have been closing your questions so that only one was open (and thus costing you money)
IYou already have one question open
and I need to know what you are trying to achieve so that I can advise whether the amount they requested is reasonable
1. should I have been made to pay the vat even when the letter stated vat was included. 2. Is the amount of £595 excessive in that Saga sales quoted £249?. Since signing the contract the solicitors have reduced their costs considerbly.eg All trusts to prevent your home being sold to fund your care in future was £399 now advertised at just £99. Guess I should not have been so gullible.
Please advised if I have been wasting your time and is this final result ie Clare has stepped out of the chat.?
So you have arranged this transfer in the belief that it will protect your property from Care home fees - is that correct?
Yes as my only daughter lives in the USA
How much is your property worth?
Have you been warned about the substantial tax implictaions?
Paid £175,000 in July 2010
sorry - I asked about whether or not you have been told about the tax implications
and may I ask how close to potentially needing to go into assisted care are you?
At 72 and reasonably fit don't expect to need care for some time
Dear Clare, I hope you are not wasting your time on this query as I signed and paid up in August 2014 and only raised this query on advice from a friend.
It i snot wasting my time to give assistance!
I woudl like you to read this article
and the part on lifetime trusts.
There is no immediate tax bill - but there will be an annual one.and there is also the very real probability that it will not be effective
HOWEVER - that i snot what you asked!
The concerns that you have regarding the errors made by the solicitors are very sensible - if they cannot get their own invoice right how can you be sure they will get the paperwork correct
What are the next steps to be taken regarding contact with the local sollicitors
As I understand it you have already paid half of the fees up front
is that correct?
No, I have paid the entire bill the 1st £505 paid in July followed by £505 in August and that was when the dispute arose due to having to pay extra for vat. The firm was not registered for vat when I signed the contract in July.
That is a concern
what is the name of the firm
Thy Will Be Done in Goring, West Sussex
not a firm of solicitors
What is my option to take this further?
Have you received the paperwork
Only the drafts with many typing errors. Due to my daughter moving from her original home in Sherborn USA I was waiting for her new address advised in December.
! am able to scan and send the original letter to you by email or post a copy to you.
Bearing in mind my concerns regarding the whole concept that has been "sold" to you I think your best way forward is to seek legal advice from a local Solicitor who can review the paperwork and let you know if it will actually achieve what you wish it to achieve
If there are problems (as I fear there are) then you can look to recovering your money.
It is more difficult as they are not covered by a Regulatory body - but it shoudl not be impossible as they will wish to avoid bad publicity
please ask if you need further details
Thank you so much for your time. Kind regards
you are welcome