75100385

My property was let on 14 March 2014 via Haart estate agent

Customer Question

My property was let on 14 March 2014 via Haart estate agent for one year. Tenancy agreement is going to finish on 14 March 2014. In December tenants stopped paying us rent making a basis that there is work needed to be done at property including hot water mal function. We got it repaired and finally they paid us rent by end of January. But again in February they withheld rent without any notice and giving us reason. We have tried out best contacting them via letters, e-mails, phone calls, txt messages but they are not responding. We have served a notice to them that we are not willing to extend the tenancy agreement any further. Notice was served via managing estate agent on 10 of February. As two months notice period was required this notice will be effective on 10th of April. We hold only 1 month deposit.
I am not sure what will our options will be if they don't pay rent and vacate the property and same time if they cause any damage to property.
Can i let home let - tenant reference agency about it?
can I let this know to their references that they are not paying rent?
I am not sure what should I can say to make them return my e-mails or engage them in negotiations?
What consequences can i tell them to face if they don't agree to involve in negotiations or respond to my mails?
and finally if case goes to the court and I win, Will I be able to claim my legal expenditures from them?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If they don't pay rent or do damage then you can seek Judgment for any arrears and damage - assuming they have moved out.

Alex Watts :

If they have not moved out you need to apply for possession

Alex Watts :

You can do this online at:

Alex Watts :

https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/

Alex Watts :

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to give possession.

Alex Watts :

If the Court does and they still refuse they can be evicted.

Alex Watts :

You don't have to be subject to any negotiations. If the fixed term has ended then you can give notice to quit and they must leave with the 2 months notice.

Alex Watts :

You would be able to claim legal fees against them yes.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/