75100385

My neighbour, a council tenant, has a large tree and some of

My neighbour, a council tenant, has a large tree and some of its branches are overhanging into my garden. The bottom branches are easily reached bot the uppermost branches are not reachable from ground level and obviously will get much thicker by time. We have asked them to allow us to arrange for someone to come in and do the necessary work, which will be paid for by us, but they have refused access. The problem will not go away by such a negative attitude and indeed will get worse. Can you please help?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have complained to the council?
Customer: The plain answer is NO. It seems to be that Harlow Council seems not to be responsive to enquiries of this nature.
Customer: No.
Alex Watts : It is the councils responsibility. They should take action to cut it back. You should write to the chief officer and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are not happy with that response then you can complain to the local government ombudsman, they offer a free and indepednet service at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : But for the avoidance of doubt, the neighbour can not stop you cutting any part of the overhanging tree on your side.
Alex Watts : they simply can't stop you.
Alex Watts : But go through the council and Ombudsman as that should resolve the matter for you for fre
Alex Watts : free
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?