Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I own the freehold of a building containing flats and also

Hi I own the freehold of a building containing flats and also the leasehold. I live in the basement flat that leads onto the garden which I use however the garden belongs to the hall flat on the deeds and as I own both I would want the garden to belong the basement flat for when i sell the property, would I need an amended plan at the Land Registry. or obtain a deed of variation and if so how do I obtain this
thanks
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

You would need to execute a Deed of Variation so that the garden is included in the basement flat Lease. This is a relatively straight forward document for your Solicitor to preare but you would need to provide him with a suitable Plan showing the extent of the garden which is to be included. The Plan will need to be Land Registry compliant- ie to scale and have a North pointer.

I hope this helps and clarifies matters for you.

Kind Regards

Al