LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My son owns an apartment, which has been unoccupied and unfurnished

My son owns an apartment, which has been unoccupied and unfurnished for 7 months. A work colleague has asked to stay in the apartment for 2 weeks, bringing with him a minimal amount of furniture. Should my son take out any form of insurance to cover the two weeks, in case of accidents in the property? The apartment already has buildings insurance, but no contents insurance.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

I look forward to your reply

LondonlawyerJ :

It seems that my reply didn't arrive.

LondonlawyerJ :

If this is a non-commercial situation then there is unlikely to be a problem, but your son needs to check his insurance document to see if he is still covered. If money is changing hands he may we have t tell his insurers if he wishes to remain covered, In any event he should phone his insurers and keep them informed.