Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I renewed a tenancy agreement property I live in in October

I renewed a tenancy agreement for a property I live in in October 2014, for one year. I have now received a housing offer that I cannot refuse and wish to end my tenancy 13th April, one month from giving notice to my landlords.
The house is in good order . I paid £800 deposit when taking on the tenancy in September 2013. Am I within my rights to expect the deposit back?
Thank You.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I am Al and am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I take it that there is no break clause in your Tenancy, allowing you to terminate it earlier than October 2015?

Have you spoken to your Landlord as regards ***** ***** early and if so, has he agreed?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no break clause. I have spoken to the landlord. They have not specifically accepted or denied my request but they have requested to view the property in daylight next Saturday which i have agreed to.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, legally, you are liable to pay the rent until the end of the fixed term, even if you vacate early.

Your Landlord may, however, agree to allow you to vacate early, and retrn your Deosit, PROVIDED you agree to pay his admin fees in locating a new Tenant as well as pay the rent until such time as a new Tenant is found.

Most reasonable Landlords will agree to this, and it is the best you can hope for.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position to you.

Kind Regards

Al