75100385

the tenant ignores all our solicitors requests to allow us

the tenant ignores all our solicitors requests to allow us to view the property and if we make any attempt to request anything he just ignores all correspondence and we are now in the position where he has been sent correspondence with rent arrears and we also want to serve him Sectiopn 21 for possession we sent letters recorded but he has not acknowledged this either what do we do if he refused to acknowledge any of our correspondence etc. in th meantime he is still not paying any rent and in the past he also threatened us with claiming damages with several untrue claims. please help.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether the agreement allows for inspection?

Customer:

This is written in the agreement; (g)Permit the landlords agent at reasonable hours in the daytime to enter the property to view the state and condition thereof and of the fixtures, furniture and effects by giving at least twenty four hours notice except in emergencies ,if the tenant fails to acknowledge the landlords request to view the property the landlord reserves the right to enter the property without further notice.

Alex Watts :

Sorry for the delay in reply I have been in Court.

Alex Watts :

In that case the agreement allows you a right to inspection if he refuses.

Alex Watts :

Then you do not need to give further notice.

Alex Watts :

You are entitled to serve a Section 8 or Section 21 notice whenever you want.

Alex Watts :

This can be sent by first class post, recorded delivery or even hand delivered to the address.

Alex Watts :

If he fails to respond then you can issue proceedings for possession.

Alex Watts :

This can be done online at:

Alex Watts :

https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/

Alex Watts :

But you can enter as the agreement allows you to.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

the solicitor has told us we cannot go in because he accuses us of harassment if we do so without his permission. we are very concerned as to whether is the solicitor is dragging things out to perhaps show the court that we are giving him time which unfortunately for us is costing us in loss of rent We today took the section 21 form to the tenant instructed by the solicitor and put it under his door.because he does not acknowledge any post we send. Do we have to wait a whole two months before anything can be done in the courts?This is what we were told. This matter has gone on now for nine months so any advice would be welcome as to what we can do to speed things up. Thanks..

Customer:

So sorry but I will not be able to see your answer till 7 p.m. hope this is O.K. Thanks.

Alex Watts :

You can issue a Section 8 notice and wait a month.

Alex Watts :

So you can issue proceedings quickly.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?