Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I bought a house which next door had a agreement with the previous

Customer Question

I bought a house which next door had a agreement with the previous owner re the external insulation that is attached to their gable end & hangs over my property, i would like to get him to have some form of licence between us so that he agrees not to let the insulation fall into disrepair & that he has it painted i.e. once every 7 years, he does not like the idea & states he has the rights, do I have the right to make him remove the insulation, before he put the insulation up he hadn't bothered to maintain his gable end for 25 years
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Could you kindly outline the agreement that the previous owner made with the neighbour please and advise whether it was made in writing?