LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I am new to letting but have had to let my property to

Customer Question

I am new to letting but have had to let  my property to pay the mortgage. I had tenants who wanted the property and signed a tenancy for the tenancy to begin 21st April. They paid £200 holding deposit which would be deducted from the rental deposit in addition to one months rent clear funds payable before key release. However, I found out today they cannot be released from their current tenancy until sometime in may. My question is can I withdraw the tenancy, return there £200 and rent to someone else? I need to pay the mortgage and in goodfaith signed and agreed the tenancy for the 21st April. I cannot now wait further weeks. I am in Scotland

Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If they have signed a tenancy to commence on 21st April then they are contractually obliged to pay for it from that date. Have they paid their month in advance as rent or as deposit?

LondonlawyerJ :

Sorry have just seen you are in Scotland. I need to withdraw from this I am afraid.

JACUSTOMER-rqrifsyh- :

JACUSTOMER-rqrifsyh- :

Would this be re submitted for an answer?

JACUSTOMER-rqrifsyh- :

I am confused as to how this works

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
expert withdrew as I am in Scotland and couldn't answer