Thank you four reply and my apologies for the delayed reply. I had knee surgery on Friday and somewhat laid out yesterday.
My personal situation as follows:
I am a muslim man marries to my first wife through the civil process in the UK. We have five grown up children and all settled in their own rights and four of whom are married and the youngest is doing a Phd which I am paying for. We have been married since 1983 and still together.
I also had a second islamic marriage to a previous partner we have been separated since 2011. We have two boys, ages 9& 6
She now has another partner.
I have a property portfolio of approx. £1m (UK assets) and have just sold two properties for £585 k
The ownership of my properties as follows:
- One my son owns who is at University
- Two are owned by a member of my family who is a Pakistani national
- land I recently bought is owned by a Uk ltd Company ( I am a director and shareholder of that company)
- Family home is owned by my brother in law who is an Indian national.
- Some properties are owned by my daughters
- I have bought some further land recently in partnership with three other people. The land is bought through a limited company and I will own 25% shares which I want to give to my minor boys.
The ultimate beneficial owner of all the properties is myself
Mt ex. partner lives in home which is mine and owned my a Panamanian Company. She has now bought the house, Contacts have been exchanged and completion Jan. 2016
I am trying to set up a structure whereby the ownership remains confidential of my properties from my ex. I do not trust her !
the aim of the new structure should be as follows :
I should be able to benefit from the rental income
Ultimately pass own the properties to my minor children at a given age.
I hope I have given sufficient information to assist you.
If you require any additional information please do not hesitate to ask.
I understand the mechanics of setting up a trust.
My fundamental questions would be :
If I was a beneficiary and say the minors too and if it ever came to be legally challenged by my ex. to disclose my assets or income how secure would it be as I would then have to declare that information ?
I do not want her to know even the fact the children are beneficiaries as she may want to claim a stake their benefits
Would you be in a position to find this information for me please?