Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Is it legal estate agent to actively market

Customer Question

Is it legal for an estate agent to actively market residential property before the property listing details are approved by the seller? This goes back to May 2010 when the HIP pack was abolished, and is pertinent to my query.  The obviously refers to the Property Misdescriptions Act relevant at that time - May 14 - 20, 2010, the  20th,the being the date that Eric Pickles abolished the HIP Pack.  The property did not appear on Rightmove until May 22, 2010 and I approved the property details on May 21, 2010, one day after the HIP was abolished.

Given the stated time difference, I am assuming that you are located on the West Coast of America.  This is unsatisfactory, and I wish to withdraw my question, and NOT BE CHARGED £33 WHICH YOU ENMAIL STATES HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT, BEFORE PROVIDING ME WITH AN ANSWER OTHER THAN "WAIT FOR EXPERT!"

When I asked this question, the site gave me the information that a lawyer was already on line.  Where are they, and why am I having to wait!?